It’s Halloween, and instead of posting a list of scary books to read, (which would be difficult for me, because I don’t read scary books) I thought I would do something more interesting, while still acknowledging the holiday. So here you have it, in the spirit of Halloween, a list of horrible and frightening things that all writers would find terrifying any day of the year. Enjoy!
Losing all of your unsaved writing in a computer crash.
- Having your first online review be a really negative one.
- Finding out another author has already taken your best ideas.
- Having zero participation at a book signing.
- Receiving zero online reviews for an entire year.
- Being sued by another author for copyright infringement.
- Being plagiarized.
- Receiving a scathing rejection letter in the mail.
- Getting writer’s block
- Having someone read your rough draft before it’s ready to be read.
- Making zero sales on Amazon.
- Having your book pirated online.
- Doing rewrites.
- Losing the rights to your books.
- Running out of toner while printing your manuscript.
- Running out of coffee.
- Discovering your writing is terrible.
Okay, I have to stop before I have a panic attack. So scary! Anyway, have a great Halloween and good luck to my friends participating in NaNoWriMo 2014!